Online case-study portal to share knowledge and report findings (09/2022)
- The MERLIN online case-study portal is designed to share knowledge of the 17 MERLIN case studies.
- The portal provides interactive access to information from case-study level to European scale and across the restoration types including Peatland & Wetland, Small Streams and Basins, and Large Transboundary Rivers.
- Each case-study has a unique page through which details of the restoration activities, objectives and key stakeholders can be viewed.
- The portal has been designed to allow dissemination of data on Case-Study Impact Assessments across MERLIN Indicators for the European Green Deal.
- The portal will also indicate progress in the implementation of new restoration measures in the MERLIN case-studies through application of the IUCN Global Standard for evaluating Nature-Based Solutions.
- The portal provides an important dissemination tool to inform the scientific community as well as the general public on the benefits of restoration across scales.